To maintain and operate the Smart Strong Sassy Site, we work with various third-party service providers (“Service Providers”). Service Providers include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technologies, services and/or content for hosting the Smart Strong Sassy Site, updating the data and content in the Smart Strong Sassy Site, analyzing the operation of the Smart Strong Sassy Site (“Mobile Analytics”), advertising and marketing, and customer services.
This policy describes the personally identifying information and other information that is collected when you use the Smart Strong Sassy Site, how it is used, and with whom it is shared.
Collection of personally identifying information
- When you respond to our “contact us” button, we ask you for your name and email address.
- When you submit a story through our submission form, we ask you for your first and last name, email address and street address.
- When you buy a product through our online store, at checkout, we ask you for your first and last name, street address, phone number, email address and, if you want to pay by credit card (and not with PayPal® or Amazon® Payments), we ask you for your credit-card information.
- If you contact us about advertising with us, we ask you for your name, email address, and the URL of your website.
- If you want to “leave a comment” on the Smart Strong Sassy Site, we ask you for your name and mail address.
Storage and use of personally identifying information
- If you “contact us,” we will use your name and email address to respond to your question or request.
- If you submit a story to the Smart Strong Sassy Site, we will use it to create a profile for you on the Smart Strong Sassy Site and to send you a gift at your street or other postal address.
- If you buy a physical product through our online store, we will use your name and street address to ship the product to you, and we will use your email address and/or phone number to ask you any questions we may have about your order. If you want to pay by credit card, we will use your credit-card information to charge the transaction to you through our third-party payment processor.
- If you contact us about advertising with us, we will use your name and email address to respond to your query.
- If you “leave a comment,” we will post the comment and use your name and email address to notify you of any replies to your comment.
- If you provide your email address on any part of the Smart Strong Sassy Site, we will use it to send you newsletters from Smart Strong Sassy and email promotional messages from Smart Strong Sassy that promote products and services of Smart Strong Sassy and other companies, and we will include it in the custom advertising audiences we create on Facebook, Google, and other platforms.
Social Media Services
- We maintain web pages on social media websites and services (“Social Media Services”), such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Currently we do not collect any personally identifiable information via Social Media Services, and we do not store or process any personally identifiable information on Social Media Services.
- Each Social Media Service is independent of Smart Strong Sassy. Please review the privacy statement of each Social Media Service to understand its privacy practices.
Disclosure and sharing of personally identifying information
- Disclosure to Service Providers. We may provide your personally identifying information and other information that we collect to our Service Providers. Service Providers’ access to your personally identifying information is limited to the information reasonably necessary for them to perform their limited functions.
Disclosure for legal reasons
- If Smart Strong Sassy engages in a merger, acquisition, disposition, change of control, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding, or otherwise transfers the operations of the Smart Strong Sassy Site that relates to your personally identifying information, Smart Strong Sassy will transfer your personally identifying information to the successor entity.
- Rights of California residents. If you are a California resident, and you want to find out the names of any information brokers or any other third parties with whom we share your personally identifying information under California Privacy (Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 22575 et seq., send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org, and within thirty (30) days, we will provide you with that information.
Other kinds of identifying information collected. There are various ways in which non-personally identifying information is or may be collected as a result of your visits to the Smart Strong Sassy Site.
- Log files: Log files are text files that a website automatically creates whenever someone accesses it. They record the requests made to the Site’s web server. Log files record information such as your browser type, IP address and referring website.
- Cookies, the information they collect, and how they are used in connection with the Smart Strong Sassy Site
- Generally. A cookie is a small data file that a website transfers to a user’s hard drive when a user visits the website. A cookie file can contain information such as a unique ID that the website uses to track the pages visited and is a standard method of registering website user preferences. These preferences are stored in a file on your computer’s hard disk drive. Cookies make it easier for you to use a website by enabling you to access your information when you “sign in” to your account, to make purchases and move uninterrupted between site areas. Cookies also enable search engines (such as Google® and Yahoo®), advertisers, and others to track your visits to and through different websites.
- Web beacons, the information they collect, and how they are used in connection with the Smart Strong Sassy Site
- Specifically: We and/or third parties on our behalf may use beacons to see if you come to the Smart Strong Sassy Site from one of our ads on another site, such as Facebook, to see which products and services you engage with on the Smart Strong Sassy Site, and to direct ads for the Smart Strong Sassy Site and other companies’ products and services to you when you are on other sites.
Do Not Track signals.
- With some browsers, it is possible for a user to activate a “Do Not Track” signal, to indicate that the user does not want to be tracked across the websites that the user visits.
- The Smart Strong Sassy Site does not recognize or process Do Not Track signals. In other words, if you have activated a Do Not Track signal in your own browser, the Smart Strong Sassy Site will not block tracking by Google or its affiliates of your activity on the Smart Strong Sassy Site
Limiting the collection and use of information about your online activities
- You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it. Rejecting a cookie, however, may preclude you from using, or may negatively affect the display or function of, some sites, or certain areas or features of some sites. To learn more about cookies, including how to enable cookies, change your browser settings and find and delete cookies on your hard drive, please refer to your web browser’s help menus or visit allaboutcookies.org. There are also various apps that interfere with or block cookies.
- You can opt out of having your web viewing data collected and used for interest-based online advertising by certain companies at https://www.aboutads. info/choices/ and https://www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Storage of information
- We store all personally identifying information and other information that we collect on the Smart Strong Sassy Site on our Google® drive (which resides on Google’s site and servers), and on servers operated by third parties. Currently, these third-party servers are located in the United States but in the future, we may use third-party servers that are located in other countries or in other jurisdictions. You consent to have your personally identifying information, and the other information that may be collected when you use the Smart Strong Sassy Site collected, stored and processed on servers in the United States and other countries and jurisdictions. If you back up your personal data on your computer, then you consent to have your personally identifying information stored and processed on the servers, services and/or other devices you choose for that purpose.
Protection of information
- We use SSL certificates to protect your personally identifying information on the checkout page. We also use a software program to stop certain kinds of attacks. But no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free.
Transfer of information
- We may transfer information that we collect about you, including personally identifying information, to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
- We do not knowingly collect personally identifying information from anyone under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifying information, we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
- If you are a parent or guardian, and you become aware that your child has provided us with personally identifying information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com and we will take steps to remove such information and close the child’s account.
Management of information
- To keep your personally identifying information accurate, current, and complete on the Smart Strong Sassy Site, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our address: Smart Strong Sassy, LLC, 75 South Main Street, Unit 75, #304, Concord, NH 03301
- You have the right to have us provide you or a third party you specify with a copy of your personally identifying information that we process or control or to require that it be erased. Please note that if you delete your personally identifying information from the Smart Strong Sassy Site (and/or from our Service Providers), we may not be able to provide you with some or all of the features that the Smart Strong Sassy Site offers.